Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Quilting Together the Crafts of My Life

So according to a little tid bit of information I picked up today, my husband and I are finally getting our very own apartment!  Yay!  This is very exciting considering the fact that after being married for a over a year, we still have not yet had a place of our own, to ourselves.  So this is very exciting news.  It's nothing too huge.  Just a studio apartment with an attached garage.  My father in-law is the one who is providing us with the space and Alex is going to actually put in the kitchen and bathroom.  All of which is supposed to be done by the end of the month.  I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!   The end of the month is almost too far away!  
Other exciting news, I quit my crappy job and am exchanging it for a totally new and hopefully more... not so stressful job.  
And now it's time for the craft update.  
Projects in store:
1) Knitting a mitten pattern I found online
2) Making a quilt 
3) Sewing myself a new dress
4) Embroidering all of the pillowcases and an iris wall fabric given to me by my dearest mother
5) Finish and start a new pair of socks
6) Knit a sweater.
As you can see, I have quite a supply of new projects!  The quilt I will hopefully start soon.  The sweater is a distant aspiration.. hopefully when I have more time in the winter.  The socks are just something I have to finish.  And the mittens are going to be my winter mittens.  I make myself a new pair every year.  Oh man... I better get started!  

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Hello... I find your writing very entertaining! Congratulations on the prospects of a new abode and talk to you soon. =)

Sheila said...

Ok, here's a link to some crazy home designs I thought you might be interested in: http://www.pointclickhome.com/decorating_design/articles/15_gravity_defying_homes_0