So did I happen to mention that Alex and I now have our very own, bonefied, rented home? Just ours? We moved into this little cabin with running water and an indoor toilet just last week and I have been spending the entire week cleaning it and trying to make it comfy. I spent 2 days alone organizing and cleaning the kitchen. (The fridge was moldy because it was unplugged all summer.) I never realized how much clothing I have until I tried stuffing it into the tiny closet. I even got rid of some!
My current project is trying to make the living room seem bright and cozy. It's hard to do that when it's smaller than my little finger and the walls are super dark. I'm pretty sure we can't paint either. It helped when I took down all of the pre-furnished windown hangings. My belief now is that you should never use dark colored curtains if your space is small and your walls are dark. Go for something lighter.
Anyways... Enough about the house.
My crafts are not so well on their way. I've been so busy with moving and starting a new job that I haven't even gotten into the book I'm supposed to read for book club. I tried reading it last night but I was so tired that I started falling asleep before I finished the chapter. It's a pretty heavy book.
Well, it's time to get back to work. And Rebecca, Lauren did my hair in finger waves the other day. It was my dream come true!
No comments:
Post a Comment