Today started out with me rolling my tired butt out of bed, throwing on some clothes, and showerlessly driving my husband to the airport. After I dropped him off I went to one of my favorite coffee shops to treat myself with some breakfast and coffee only to find that I had forgotten my debit card. All I had was some checks and that coffee shop doesn't take checks any more. So I went off to the more expensive and not so tasty coffee shop, only to arrive to work 10 min. late and with no lunch. So I just begged a granola bar off of someone and a few stale cookies. Today has been awesome so far.
On a good note, I saw a shirt I wish to purchase and I also have a couple of new projects up my sleeve. And so I will sit here at my work top with my cup of english breakfast tea and tell you of all my new aspirations.
I bought some camel colored plaid fabric to make a vintage inspired vogue pencil skirt with a high waist... it's a little hard to describe but the waist also has a little extra button and waistband detailing. I'm super excited to make it and plan on starting tonight!
Also I bought a slip cover to hide the hideous red of a couch in my house. I still need to manipulate that dumb slip cover. I'm beginning to hate it as much as the red color of the couch. But I also bought some rich pailsy fabric along with some novelty taffeta and I've been making myself some couch pillows. I had a hard time finding something to match, but this paisley I got does and the color of my moss colored couch brings out colors in the fabric I didn't even notice before! It looks amazing. :)
I also think I'm going to use the left overs of some of the fabric to re opolster a chair. I don't know if I spelled that right... Pretty sure I didn't.
So now my tea is all gone and that's what I have up my ally besides the other knitting projects I have already talked about. (My socks are ALMOST done. )
So until next time! Hopefully I can take some decent pictures!
1 comment:
Thanks again dearie, I specially liked the line "today has been awesome so far". Hilarious! Keep up the amazing writing. Sheila
Post a Comment