Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Baby Turbans for Baby Showers


So this Sunday is the baby shower for my very special friend! She is so cool, and she let me do her wedding flowers last year and they ended up to be my best yet:

So because she is one of my friends, I can't actually post pictures of her handmade gift but I can assure you, a tutorial is in the works. This girl is such a beautiful bride and I know she's going to be a beautiful mommy too!

Speaking of mommies, one thing I can share is the hat I'm recreating. The pattern is written in a completely different language and I might have to call on my friends who speak german to figure it out. Although it might not be german. Luckily, I'm confident enough in my 'making up' skills to take a swing at it myself.

It's a BABY TURBAN!! AUGH!! This baby even looks like one of mine so I took it as a sign that I HAVE to make it. I think I'm going to add some flower embellishments to it as well to make it my own. Because knitting patters are hard to make correctly and honestly, I don't remember anything I did except that I'm on a 3rd row of a stripe, I will not be posting a pattern for this wonder. Hopefully it will be finished in time for baby B to wear to the shower for our good friend. And of course, I will also be making something similar for baby A.


No comments: