Friday, January 27, 2012

My Muffin Top is All That

People always say that your pregnancy will be like your mother's pregnancy. It may be that I had twins and my mother never did, but my pregnancy was not at all like my mothers. Neither is my post. We have a video of our family at an air show and my mom is sitting on the side walk with three of us running around her and my 6 month old sister sitting in a stroller next to her. She's wearing short shorts and a belly shirt. No stretch marks, no stretched skin... nothing.
This what's strange to me... I act like my mother, I talk like my mother, I even see my reflection in windows and wonder, "What's my mom doing here?" Then I realize it's me. Four months now and having babies has made my weight fluctuate almost on a weekly basis. I have NEVER had this problem before and didn't expect it to hit until I turned 40, to be honest. In fact, before I was pregnant, I expected that once I did have babies, I wouldn't get stretch marks (my mother didn't), and I would be able to work out (I can't), and just snap back within a month.

Like I have said in previous posts... there is no way you can prepare yourself for having babies.

You know, really I guess I can't complain. I'm taller so extra weight is distributed pretty evenly and not really noticeable to the untrained eye. The trained eye, though, would see that my shape wear cami doesn't adequately squeeze down the folds of fatty saggy skin oozing out of the waist band of my jeans. They don't see how my butt sags too... How did that happen? There was never anything there to sag!

I guess I could just buy myself some hands weights and a video and work out at home. But who wants to do that when they could sit at home watching episodes of 30 Rock, eating chocolate chips, changing diapers, and drinking caramel flavored coffee?

No comments: