For me to read the whole Twilight series again. I keep thinking about it. And I feel like I deserve to drive around pretending to be white hot (or cold in this case) vampire again. The other day I looked in my closet and realized that, "Hey, all my clothes are ones that Alice Cullen might wear if I paired them together right!" (The majority of my closet is greys, blues, and whites. Alice, you want to raid my closet and you know it!) After I looked in my closet, I looked at my skin and realized that despite the summer (lack of) sun I am still beautifully pale. (Recently I decided that 3rd degree sun burn every year is something that I don't look forward too. Hello SPF 30!) If only my hair was short and brown. (Not really, I'm starting to like it long)
Speaking of books, I've been reading quite a lot lately. I usually read a lot but schedules and craft projects have not allowed very much time for reading. ALTHOUGH!! I just discovered my dilema of never being able to read while I'm knitting. Suprisingly, the gift was from my husband and I'm pretty sure that he didn't know that his gift was allowing me to do many many things at once. What is this phenomenom? It's a Barnes and Noble NOOK!! A little portable electronic reader and it's wonderful!
Anyways, here's a list of the last few books I've read and how I would rate them.
My first is:
The Eye of the World. A fantasy book by Robert Jordan. My husband recommended it to me and at first it was slow going but at about Chapter 4 or 5 it gets really interesting. Action packed, slight romance, great read, and about 700 pages of thick, the first book of a series of 12. I find myself wanting the second book.Young Rand is just a shepherd from a small village. Until visitors come to his village turning Rand, and his closest friend's lives upside-down.
Rand, his friends, and the mysterious Aie Sadai and her Warder then start off on an adventure that will change them all.
Rand, his friends, and the mysterious Aie Sadai and her Warder then start off on an adventure that will change them all.
Five stars!
"And Then There Were None." I love me a good Agatha Christie mystery. Miss Marple, Hercule Poroit, I've read them. This was one that my brother's girlfriend recommended to me and I have to say, it's the most chilling one that I've read from her. Like most of her books it's a quick read. But you kind of want it to be because you want to know what happens next...FAST!
A group of people get myseriously invited to the same place, an island owned by no one knows! The mystery thickens when hearing a recording of someone exposing their hidden secrets and one of the guests drops dead.
OoooooO!! Scary but not enough to give me nightmares or have me paranoid. My kind of mystery.
Last but not least:
A true story about the author two influental men in his life who taught him about God, faith, happiness, contentment, and peace in your life. These two men are his old jewish rabbi and the African American christian pastor who came from a life of violence and drugs.
It's a very quick read that gets you thinking. It leaves you with a happy feeling but then again a, "Man, I need to look at the world differently." Or at least that's how I thought about it. It's such a good book.
I would let you borrow it but it's on my nook. :) I read this book while knitting some throw pillow covers. Which I haven't finished and my husband took my camera so there are no pictures of them.... yet.
I would let you borrow it but it's on my nook. :) I read this book while knitting some throw pillow covers. Which I haven't finished and my husband took my camera so there are no pictures of them.... yet.
Peace out!


No comments:
Post a Comment