Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Little Something...

I've done it, and I've done it good.  I read a book series that I CAN NOT get out of my head.  I feel like such a nerd.  I only feel like a nerd, though, because it is all I can think about.  I walk around pretending that I was the characters, or that the highly fictional world they live in is real and I am a part of it. If you want to know what series I'm talking about, just have a gander at the phone conversation I had with my sister in the coffee shop yesterday:
Me:  Paige, I just finished the "Twilight"  series and I can't stand it!  My life is over now that the books are done!

Paige: Oh, really? How so?

Well, I open my closet and say, "What would Alice wear today?"  And, I also walk around pretending to be a vampire.  I drive fast thinking that now I have super alertness and can swerve any pedestrian that gets in my way. 
(The guy ahead of me just started laughing at me, by this point)

Oh dear, Marcie, that's not very good.

And you know what?  No, no it's not good.  I walk around pretending to be a freaking vampire for crying out loud!  And then when I come back down to earth, I'm so depressed that it's not real.  I would highly recommend the books, but then again I don't because this is what you would become, dear readers.  Depressed and nerdy.  But yet stylish because if you're like me, you would also try to dress like a vampire.  And they are very stylish.   
Oh man.  But enough about that.  Because of this, I decided that it might be fun for me to just Blog about my everyday life and make a few things up here and there.  My new blog name will be called, "A Little Something I Made Up."  Because it is.  It's really sad when you're very happy with your life and then you read a book that makes you realize that you can't live in a world with fantasy things that could very well take your life away in a split second and that makes you depressed.  
My husband and I have currently been delivering mail for our career.  It's interesting, boring, and cold.  Judging by the draft that's coming through the window and the current state of my frost-bitten toes, I would say that it's a balmy -40 degrees outside.  Today's going to be just great.  
There are people that we deliver mail too that have the last name, "Schwafel."  They're our favorite because their name makes us giggle to ourselves.  And then I remember that if I was a vampire, I wouldn't feel cold on the mail route because they don't have any blood so they can be perfectly fine in cold weather.  And then I stop giggling about the Schwafels.  
It takes us about 3 hours to deliver the mail.  The first day it was about 4 hours.  It was also warmer the first day.  After the 3 hours of cold yesterday, I felt like my fingers would snap off at the slightest nudge.  So I just held my hands in my lap and didn't make any sudden movements... just incase.   Because of my caution, I still have all ten fingers.  But after sitting by this draft window I'm beginning to be a little concerned about my toes.  
......
Well, after some oatmeal, time away from the window, and a cup of coffee, I think I'm warmed and ready to go try to pull something together from my closet and begin another day of wishing I was a fictional character in a book.  
Pray for me.  
 


No comments: