Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Ticking Time Bomb

Fall is coming!! In Alaska it's not the season most people look forward to because of the deep, dark, and LONG winter that follows. But in August, my neck starts to feel lonely, my feet are tired of being dirty, and all my body wants to do is snuggle in a big cozy blanket.
Husband and I are expecting a rather big addition of twins girls to our family every single day now and I don't know if it's the season or if it's my brain telling me to cram in all of the things I love to do while I still can... but I've been knitting like crazy. Currently I have one project going and two still milling around in my brain... actually more than two. And the only reason why I haven't started on all of them at once is that I have been put on a strict "No Spending," policy. And that has happened because Husband is also building our house which is to be finished before babies arrive. So I have to make a decision between door knobs and the cozy blanket I want to make to throw over our couch once said house gets built. To be honest, this is a hard decision to make right now.
So I'm just going to stick with what I'm making (forest green felted slippers!!) and the ones that I'm still looking for perfect patterns for (socks and mittens).
On top of all these knitting projects my little brain and fingers are itching to decorate my house that's to be finished hopefully before babies get here. I'll admit, I'm getting nervous. I'm at 32 weeks and even though pregnancy wise the babies are staying inside well, and the inside is almost livable, I feel like our clock is ticking and time is running out! I have picture frames to hang up! A living room to put candles all over! A bathroom to find a right shower curtain for! (stupid no spend policy) A kitchen to put together! And how lame would it be to go into labor half way in the middle of putting away my dishes? To come home from the hospital with two brand new babies and 20 boxes to unpack?! LAME!! Oh well... I have a hard working husband and it will get done.... whether they're here or not!
I'll try to take some pictures of my slippers.

No comments: